Tuesday 28 October 2014

Happy Halloween

So this week's lesson is all about Halloween. 

I've even learnt about the origin of Halloween when I was lesson planning - we are all learning something new this week. I'm definitely going to know more about British History and culture by the time I leave here purely through all the background research and reading I do. If all else fails I'll be well informed enough to become a tour guide or tourist book writer next year!

So this week my students are getting very excited about the pictures of Halloween themed food - especially the witches fingers made from bread. I've also put some of the pictures from the Halloween party I had last year into my presentation - i'm not entirely sure if they've clocked that it's me and friends in the pictures or not yet...

I've also been showing them this video. Their reaction is priceless and definitely classes as revenge!!

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE A NERVOUS DISPOSITION OR A HEART CONDITION!!!!


I also discovered  (yesterday) that I get about a weeks holiday next week so last minute holiday planning will have to commence ASAP. Why is this country so big?!?! There are too many places to visit and so little time! I learnt today that the reason that I have my little holiday is because my students are going to the countryside to build a road. They were pretty insistent that I should make a scene with management and demand that I get to go as well - I'm not so keen. I would definitely be a different experience though! 

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment