Saturday 20 June 2015

Living the high life

Last weekend, as it was our final weekend together we decided to do something a bit different.

After an afternoon of tourist shopping at various locations around Guangzhou, including the Changshou Lu jade market street, Beijing Lu and Haizhu Square, we headed to Social & Co for a very western dinner, falafel and roast potatoes were too good and opportunity to miss. I think it's the only place I've eaten this year where there was absolutely no Chinese people there and it was very strange, it felt like cheating on the experience of living in China. But the food was good so I'll let myself off with it this time.

After dinner, we headed to the IFC building for a drink at the Four Seasons Hotel. It was too good an opportunity to miss when their Tian bar is on the 99th floor. As I haven't been up the famous Canton Tower this year I hadn't had the opportunity to see the vast expanse of Guangzhou from a height. The city is pretty impressive when it's all lit up at night and looks never ending.
Admiring the skyline is definitely the best way to enjoy drinks


 The Canton Tower





G x

No comments:

Post a Comment