Monday 20 April 2015

Home Sweet Home

In reality you'd think my home would have been one of the first things I blogged about but this obviously wasn't the case - I think it's because every-time I thought about it I always seemed to have washing drying somewhere, its definitely a downside of having no outdoor space. People keep asking where I live so I thought it's about time I posted some pictures.

I live on the 8th floor of a 10 storey building which is also home to lots of other teachers from my school. My teaching buddy, Tom, lives on the floor above me. I like living high up, its nice to get a birds eye view of everything going on around me. We are lucky, that our building is not directly on any busy roads and so far I haven't had any neighbours from hell so it's proving to be quite a nice place to live. 

My little home is basically one large room (it’s about 30m2 in total) which I've laid out in different areas, thankfully my bathroom is separate though and I have the added 'luxury' of a western toilet instead of a squat toilet and my own washing machine. After my very unimpressive experience in French student halls last year this place is pretty good. 

Thankfully the school provided the furniture (and the internet connection) but there were still a quite a few things I had to get myself to make it more homely. At least I have my own fridge and freezer here; no anaemia for me this year!

Like most homes in China I have a tiled floor which is great in the summer but makes for slightly less comforting flooring in the winter. Bizarrely the only place I think I've seen carpets this year was in a shopping mall...







I've brightened up my otherwise very white walls with some of the many posters I brought with me to decorate the classroom I thought I would have. It's been good for my holiday planning to have maps on the wall - definitely helps the destination decision making. 



My ticket wall. 

G x


No comments:

Post a Comment