Friday 5 December 2014

Winter's coming


So after last week's sweat inducing temperatures and humidity, the weather has changed to more winter like weather. Saying that the temperature is about 12oC so the swimming pool isn't quite freezing over yet...

The change in temperature has made everyone dive into their wardrobes and dig out every item of clothing they own and proceed to wear it all at the same time - even last week's sports day jumpers. Everyone looks like they've landed in Siberia. I don't think i've ever seen so many ski-jackets in +0oC temperatures. 

I walk into every class and i'm greeted with 'are you not cold?!?' and all the teachers just stare at me when I walk past because i'm still wearing skirts and shoes with no socks - I have donned a cardi though. I think i'm going to have to go and buy some tights at the weekend just to pacify everyone - I think they are all concerned that i'm a bit mad and that i'm trying to get hypothermia or something - even the male pupils (who hardly ever talk in class) are concerned for my welfare! Next week's topic is definitely going to be about the weather (except I think it's supposed to be warm again next week).

I walked into on classroom yesterday and just laughed. In one corner of the classroom a group of boys were eating ice cream, which they'd bought from the school tuck shop, whilst simultaneously moaning about the cold and on the other side of the classroom a girl was knitting a scarf! (not something I expected to see this year).

Gotta love China and all it's quirks

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment