Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmas is a-coming (fast)


I'm massively loosing track of time probably because all the hype in the run up to Christmas doesn't happen here, it's nice not having to think about Christmas and all the associated mayhem. Saying that though, our local supermarket was playing awful cover versions of western Christmas songs using Chinese singers with bad English accents -  it took me a while to work out which songs they were murdering. Surprisingly the supermarket also had a small section of Christmas decorations - not sure what the quality was like though. I've decided to just sort of pretend Christmas isn't happening this year, swapping turkey for tofu might be quite refreshing (ok maybe not the tofu part).

I did come across an area in Guangzhou where I could buy enough tinsel and Christmas trees to decorate the whole of Guangdong if the mood suddenly took me....

Owen and I went Christmas browsing in this area on Saturday, here are some of the gems we found.













 This is an ingenious way to use strawberries!



G x

No comments:

Post a Comment