Saturday 9 May 2015

Monsoon Season

So when people told me that here in the south we get lots of rain I didn't really believe them - purely because I can count on one hand the number of times its rained here since I arrived in September. That is no longer the case. I'd quite enjoyed living in a country with predictable weather (where it's sunny all day everyday)  but at the moment it's either not raining or thunderstorms. The lightning flashes have been quite spectacular but you can't see them strike anywhere because of the pollution blanketing the sky.

My umbrella is certainly proving it was a good purchase - I definitely understand why the locals (especially those on bikes) opt for the poncho for weather protection.

Hopefully it will stop soon and the sunshine will come back. I'm fed up feeling like a drowned rat when I arrive at work in the morning...

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment