Wednesday 4 February 2015

Holiday time!

As Chinese New Year is in the middle of the month this year, it means I am on holiday for the whole of February - a definite perk of the job. Whilst most of my friends have been very organised about their holiday plans I have not been able to say the same. I've lost count of the amount of times I've changed how I wanted to spend the holiday.

The great thing about China is that at this time of year you can find just about any climate. It's no wonder that most people never holiday outside the country. Whilst in the north of the country the temperature is -20oC, in the south the temperature is still averaging above 20oC. As spectacular as the Harbin Ice Festival looks, I definitely do not have the clothes required to beat -20oC so naturally I decided to stay in warmer climates. I think it's the Scot in me but going to the beach in February and not getting frostbite was just too good a lure to ignore.

So my plans are this: I'm spending a week in Hainan, which is a large tropical island at the very south of China before island hopping next week to Taiwan for another week. I'm then heading back to Guangzhou to do my washing and plan the other half of my holiday - I'm thinking Singapore and Hong Kong will round things up nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment